Thursday, January 13, 2011

Neglige (thats what this is, right?)

My friends have urged me to blog more often, no matter how mundane or stupid my blogs seem. So, I'm sorry to anybody who actually cares that I haven't posted for a while, I like to think there's some of you out there. For that I thank you. (I hope you exist or I will look like a doofus.)

Truth is folks, I have had SO much happening that I just forgot. Or didn't have time. 

Actually, i kinda just didn't care. I was having too much fun. I'm sure you can appreciate. 

So I will try to recap just so you get an idea of how AWESOME my life is compared to yours. Sorry, but it's true. 

LIST TIME:

  • Christmas was spent in Port Macquarie with family from my mothers side which was a nice change from the regular routine with dad's family. Not saying I don't enjoy spending time with dad's side, in fact i would go so far as to say I prefer their company, (less bickering and stuff) but it was refreshing having a change of scene over Christmas, and Port is so beautiful during this time of year. EXCEPT that it rained most days, trapping us inside with only ipods, television and each other's company to keep us from lulling into a stupor. We did venture out occasionally to do some shopping or go to the beach (on the good days) which was a lovely experience. Plus just seeing everyone was good, as we don't get to much.
  • Next notable day was New Years Eve, which i spent at Casey's with her family, once they returned form the nine o'clock fireworks, and Aarons friend Lachlan, who was an interesting character indeed. The boys Gabba'd and Shuffled in and around the pool for a few hours and Casey and I exchanged resolutions, we shot a few hoops, watched the midnight fireworks, then we watched 28 Weeks Later. I think Casey got a little scared. The next week or so we spent floating back and forth between her place and mine, we visited my mother's where we watched home videos and looked at baby photos one time, and generally enjoyed living. 
  • third big thing to happen these holidays was Casey's lil' cousin Alex's 3rd birthday (ZOMG GETTING SO OLD LOL) which was spent at his house with a lovely array of family and his little friend james who was just adoooooorable. There was cake and lollies and piƱata's and merriment and ALL the Toy Story gang (except Bullseye, unfortunately). 
  • Next on the agenda was FRANCESCA'S 16TH which was way off the hook, all these americans turning up drunk and complaining about America. It was a riot! ... Well, It was one guy.. but he was charming, blowing kisses and what not. A real catch + a little excitement, and the dinner at Luigi's was FRANtastic! (see what I did there?) Casey, Summer, Franny and I then walked the six billion kilometres to Franny's house to dispose of all her gifts before their movie started and we got the full tour of the street, it was so awesome. I recommend the suburban backstreets of Narellan to any sightseer's. We then got a lift BACK to the town centre thanks to Frany's wonderful Mother, and we were swiftly picked up just as the movie started. (It's ok, we weren't planning on staying.)
And that brings me squarely to today (skipping some slightly less interesting things because I'm running out of time. 

TODAY I enjoyed the company of not on, not two, but THREE lovely ladies: Kate, Ruby and Sean. We jabbered and nattered and yaked and discussed this and that. it was a glorious day filled with friendship. I couldnt have asked for more. 

well, not without being a little greedy. 


And that brings you up to speed. I hope to get blogging more often so you don't have to plow through slabs of writing like this for ever again. You are truly a kind and patient audience. 

It's dark now. I'm ascared. 

1 comment:

  1. I like to click Dance. And I actually do a dance. I lol'd at the 3 lovely ladies bit.
    The end.

    ReplyDelete