Thursday, February 3, 2011

EVERYONE IS SOMEONE.

today, I ventured outside the house. the temperature has been less than comfortable over the last few days but today it slightly better so i decided to get some stuff done. I did, i can't be bothered to detail every little thing, but i will say this:

As i was walking I passed a woman with a hijab outside a turkish restaurant having an obviously joyous conversation with an elderly indigenous man. as I noticed this exchange, I couldnt help but feel pride. Pride knowing that for all the racism and prejudice in the world, that Australia (for the majority) is a very tolerant and caring country. I know it's not much, but it is enough to keep me hoping that the world will see one day that everyone is different, but we are all the same. It made my day.

Also i had a surprise job interview. but thats a different story...

that i can't be bothered to detail right now cause its so BLOODY HOT FUUUUUUUUUCK.

cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment