Friday, October 1, 2010

Faith, Films, Friends and Food.

Have you ever had to explain something to a child that they are not old enough to understand? You can't exactly just ignore their question, but no matter what you say, your answer will confuse them.

My mother and brothers are christians. I yam not. I yam an atheist. It doesn't affect family dynamic, we all accept each others decisions and what not. They attend church, I don't. simple.

Now, there is a family from the church, lovely wholesome people. Four little girls, under the age of 8, full of life and energy all inquisitive and excitable.

Last Tuesday, I went over to their house to do some yard work because Ingrid, the mother, is extremely pregnant and is restricted to limited movement, and Paul is a minister in training and extremely busy most of the time, and I offered to help out now and then if they ever needed it.

While we were eating morning tea, the eldest of the girls said to me, "Hey, why don't you come to church?"

How do you answer that? I simply said, "because, it's not for me." She seemed to accept that as a reasonable answer, because she didn't ask any more. but I thought, it is a reasonable question coming from such a young human being. I mean, It's all she has ever known. I'm sure she knows that there are some people out there who don't believe in God, but why would I be one of those people when the rest of my family goes to Church? It was, for some reason, a very tense moment for me. I'm not one to want to impact someone else's belief system, especially while their mind is so young and malleable, so I think the answer I gave bailed me out pretty well.

Anyway, I changed to subject by commenting on the music that was playing and all the girls thought it was hilarious that I knew who Justine from Play School was.


I yam in love. You may disagree, but you don't know. I yam so in love. This girl, she is amazing. She turns my world inside out and upside down then flips me back right side in sets me back on my feet again so I have to blink twice to make sure it's not a dream. All the time I spend with her is precious.

If you have never felt this "love" crap before, you may say 'You don't know what love is, you arent old enough to have the life experience to blah blah blah.' You will know when you know, trust me.

We saw a movie, it was pretty good. 'Easy A'. I recommend you wait for the DVD though, probs not worth going to see it big screen. Unless you like to watch everything big screen. I dunno. The movie is not important. What IS important is that I saw it with Casey.


MY FRIENDS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD. that is all.


And food. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm speaking of, I'm really hungry. It's breakfast time. I was gonna write more but I can't be bothered, no energy.

See you soooooooooon.

love Clarence.

I mean, Angus.

... hmm.

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I ask if there is a paticular reason you don't believe in God?

    ReplyDelete