Tuesday, December 7, 2010

That friendly-cocoa-based-baked-confectionary angle.

All things grow.

Today whilst listening to my iTunes on shuffle one song came on that urged me to play through all of the music that I own by that artist.. so I did.

If you don't know who 'My Friend The Chocolate Cake' are, I'm gonna tell you.
If you know who 'My Friend The Chocolate Cake' are, I'm gonna tell you anyways.

MFTCC are an Australian band from Melbourne whose musical genre I would rather not try and label, because the only one i can think to put them under is 'Alternative' which would be a huge insult to these brilliantly talented musicians. If you choose to listen to them, you can decide for yourself. Basically they use very large array of instruments such as guitars, violins/viola, ukulele, mandolin, tin whistle and cellos with a beautiful soft brushed drum underneath. Sometimes slow and moving, sometimes upbeat and catchy, they are one of the most versatile groups in my music library.

I forgot what my point was.. but you should check them out.

After my chill out with the cakers, I was picked up by a dear friend of mine to carry out festive season shopping. We had a swell time jumping from store to store trying on shoes and jewelry and tops (her, not me) and catching up on the times.

Then I came back here and Had a 100 minute chat with my better half about work (or lack thereof) and the 50's and how parents are weird and and annoying siblings and how teachers are weird and the troublesomeness of subjects. It is always a wonderful experience. Always.

Hopefully tonight is the night we put up our Christmas decorations. i would really like that to happen. For now i have several things that need to be done but wont. Off the top of my head is the washing up, load of clothes, clean room. Two out of those three will most likely be done by this evening.

And now, I will sign off with some stupid quotes from Ace Ventura Pet Detective with no context what so ever, just cause it's my blog and I'll do whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much.


"Theeeeeeeeeeeeres someoneonthewiing. SOME.. thing."
"Bumble bee tuna, bumble bee tuna."

1 comment:

  1. YAY.
    I love all the Friendly Chocolately Cakey music you gave me :)

    ReplyDelete